Working Together for Healthier Minds
Mental Health Association in
The Representative Payee Program at the Mental Health Association provides assistance in bill paying and financial accountability to mentally and physically handicapped individuals, as well as, the frail elderly.
The Representative Payee Program is designed to provide assistance to people who need help with organizing and disbursing his/her personal finances. The program is offered to people who are unable to manage a financial system. Yet, they wish to remain independent in the community.
The Representative Payee Program seeks:
• to provide timely assistance in the least restrictive setting.
• to provide service to people who live alone or who have no close family or friends willing to handle his/her finances.
• to provide a program that will also offer opportunities for people to increase his/her ability of providing his/her basic needs.
• to provide services to mentally handicapped, physically handicapped, and frail elderly individuals with the least ability to pay for the service.
• to assist people to draw on all existing programs within the County, which would enable him/her to retain his/her independence and sustain quality of life we all choose to experience.
• to give the county a source of input to draw upon when planning to meet the needs of its citizens.
The Representative Payee Program client is a resident of Butler County, over the age of eighteen, who due to age or disability is functionally unable to handle his/her own finances in a responsible manner. The Payee Program client may be living in the community, alone or with family, in a boarding home, a nursing home, or other residential facility.
There is a ceiling set on the amount of income a Payee program client may have, however, the method of payment may vary based on income. The client receiving SSI has a set ceiling of no more than $2,000 in savings.
People in need of assistance from a Representative Payee may access the program through the Mental Health/Mental Retardation (MH/MR) system, Community/Hospital Integration Projects Program (CHIPP), through the Area Agency on Aging (AAoA), through the Human Services Development Fund (HSDF), and through private referral. The Involvement of other agencies insures that the client's rights are protected and also offers another layer of protection against inappropriate interference with the lives of individuals who may in reality not need the service. If you have any further questions, please contact the representative payee supervisor, Amanda Geibel, at 724-287-1965 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone in need of our Representative Payee Services can download and print our application here.
140 North Elm Street
Butler, PA 16001
Local Phone Numbers:
(724) 287 - 1965
(724) 287 - 3380
(1 888) 329 - 0468
(724) 287 - 7090
24 Hour Crisis Hot-line:
Suicide Prevention Hot-line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)